Congregational Care Disciples
The purpose of the Congregational Care is to provide spiritually based care and support to members of Wesley United Methodist Church (UMC) family. Congregational Care Disciples use their gifts and passions to provide assistance to members of Wesley UMC family when they or their loved ones are not able to meet their own needs.
Disciples provide support through:
- Acknowledging and celebrating important milestones for those who may be alone or home bound (birthday, religious holiday),
- Identifying telephone buddies who help individuals stay connected to their church family when they are unable to attend church,
- Making home and hospital visits for individuals experiencing health/life style challenges,
- Offering resources for those who are grieving loss or unexpected life change,
- Preparing meals for individuals/families who are unable to do for themselves because of overwhelming life challenges,
- Providing transportation to health care appointments as needed, and
- Serving communion in the home or facility when they are unable to attend communion services.
The guiding principle for the Congregational Care Disciples is to do all that we can for our church family
and, above all, love our church family as God loves us.
The Congregational Care Team works closely with the Wesley Prayer Team to assure that all individual prayer requests are made for the individuals/circumstances identified.