Welcome to Wesley Church
Sunday Morning Service times:
7:30 early morning meditation service
9:00 guitars, drums, keyboard and voices
10:00 service in the Chapel of Holy Communion
11:00 organ, handbells, choir and hymnal
We are People Blessing People
Click http://www.wesleychurch.com/Assets/april_monthly_2013.pdf for the latest Wesley Monthly Newsletter!
We CONNECT by:
- Welcoming stranger and friend … through the doors of our church and into the life of Christ.
- Worshiping God with eagerness and delight … by creating God-encountering experiences that can refresh the human spirit and transform lives.
- Seeking spiritual growth … by methodically studying Christ Jesus and what He revealed about His Father.
- Striving to be faithful disciples … by accepting God’s call to mission and service, even when we find ourselves uncomfortable and apprehensive.
- Giving extravagantly … of our time, talents, gifts, service and witness.
Latest YouTube Video
Daily Devotional from the Upper Room
The king will answer them, "Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me."
- Matthew 25:40 (NRSV)
The Christian ministry where I work serves those in need by giving food and clothing and meeting other basic needs. One Saturday as my husband and I were on our way to a business associate's company picnic, my cell phone rang. One of my clients told me, weeping, that she had absolutely nothing to feed her children. My first reaction was, This is my day off, and I want to enjoy it with my husband. But then the Lord reminded me I am a Christian all the time, not just when it is convenient. I jotted down the woman's address, and we headed to the food pantry. We also stopped by our house to get some meat for the family.When we arrived at the client's home, two of her children ran out to greet us with loving hugs. As we brought sacks of groceries into the kitchen, the young mother stood crying and gave both of us a thank-you hug as well.Sometimes I am tempted not to respond to a call from God that is inconvenient or unpleasant. But then the Lord reminds me to take up my cross and follow Jesus -- 24/7.
Lissa Stressman Smith (Michigan, USA)
Thought for the Day
Become a volunteer at a local food pantry, or make regular contributions to that ministry.
Dear Lord, help us to follow you whenever and wherever you call us. Fill us with over flowing love for those in need. Amen.