Welcome to Wesley Church
Who We Are
- We strive to learn how to offer love the way God does, with no strings attached, no conditions, no tests to pass, no standards to achieve;
- We want to see each person – no exceptions – as beloved by God, so we declare that our doors, hearts, ministries and membership is open to all children of God, no matter their marital or family status, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, education, citizenship, mental or physical capacity, economic situation or what their personal spiritual journey or faith tradition was or is now.
Sunday Morning Service Times:
9:00 guitars, drums, keyboard and voices
11:00 organ, handbells, choir or special music, and hymnal
We are updating our directory. If you have a business to share with other church members, please click on this form.
We are People Blessing People
We CONNECT by:
- Welcoming stranger and friend … through the doors of our church and into the life of Christ.
- Worshiping God with eagerness and delight … by creating God-encountering experiences that can refresh the human spirit and transform lives.
- Seeking spiritual growth … by methodically studying Christ Jesus and what He revealed about His Father.
- Striving to be faithful disciples … by accepting God’s call to mission and service, even when we find ourselves uncomfortable and apprehensive.
- Giving extravagantly … of our time, talents, gifts, service and witness.
Latest YouTube Video
If you are interested in scheduling and/or renting space at Wesley Church, please connect with Susan Matacavage, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
Daily Devotional from the Upper Room
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
The Lord says, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine."
- Isaiah 43:1 (NRSV)
One Sunday the cashier at a local store was smiling at me broadly as she totaled my bill. As she handed me my receipt, she said, "Have a great day, John!" I was puzzled by how she knew my name. Then I realized that I was still wearing my name tag from church.
Our name tags list the name of our church and today's quoted verse from Isaiah. By wearing these name tags, church members hope to help newcomers learn people's names and feel welcome. The quote on the tags also reminds the wearer and the reader that God has called us each by name. I realized that by wearing my name tag, I was sharing this message of welcome with people in the store -- and I didn't even realize it!
After this experience, I now make it a point to wear my church name tag in public places before and after our worship services. My name tag makes me more aware that people may notice my behavior, and so I am mindful that I may be the best example of a Christian that someone might see that day. This practice reminds me that God has called each of us by name to be living examples of God's love in Christ no matter where we are.
John Blossom (Connecticut, USA)
Thought for the Day
How do I show others that God has called them by name?
Dear Lord, you have called us by name to be your people. Help us to proclaim your gift of salvation in Christ to the world. Amen.
Prayer focus: FOR COURAGE TO SHARE CHRIST WITH OTHERS