Stephen Ministry Training at Wesley Church
Stephen Ministry training will be facilitated by Bob Keiderling, Minister of Discipleship. Reach him at 610-865-5715 x 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is Stephen Ministry?
Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2, NRSV).
Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system.
Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
Can You Become a Stephen Minister?
If you …
- … see hurting people and as a child of God want to help them
- … are a member of Wesley Church and have a potential talent for healing those in difficulty
- … have completed a course of 50 hours of training in providing spiritual and emotional care
- … are someone who prays, cares, and encourages, as a true Christian friend
- … are steadfastly there for your receiver
How Stephen Ministry Works
The best way to understand how Stephen Ministry works is to learn about three groups of people involved in this ministry: Stephen Leaders, Stephen Ministers, and care receivers.
Some of the challenges in life that could be supported by a Stephen Minister, who is a caring Christian friend, are: loss of a loved one, chronic disease, aging, divorce, spiritual crisis or just plain discouragement.
See how Stephen Ministry Helps