Wesley Director of Music
The Director of Music/Worship Ministries is directly responsible for the oversight and management of the music program and weekly worship which includes children, youth, and adults. To achieve this the Director of Music/Worship Ministries need to demonstrate the following:
1) Proficient guitar and/or keyboard skills; organ skills preferred as well
2) Ability to collaborate in the construction of worship experiences in both traditional and contemporary settings
3) Recruit, train and retain all types of volunteers to participate in the various musical ministries of the church
4) Create and ensure the implementation of a marketing plan that reaches a wide variety of local and non-local audiences and families
5) Create and deliver music and worship ministry training to leaders, adults, and staff as needed
6) Clearly communicate your Christian faith journey
7) Provide encouragement, support and mentoring to children, youth, adults and ministry volunteers as needed
8) Create engaging music opportunities and activities that allow for children, youth, adults, families, leaders, and volunteers to grow in their faith and participate in worship on a regular basis.
9) Continually educate yourself in a strong theology of worship and music
2) Create and implement a vision and plan (including marketing) for a music program, worship ministries and associated events
3) Create and implement a yearly programming calendar to include the integration of children, youth and adult choirs, bell choirs, special music, etc. into the worship experience.
4) Communicate and collaborate with the Pastor, Wesley staff and volunteers to create integrated and engaging worship for children, youth, and adults.
5) Lead keyboardist/guitarist, and director/conductor of all choirs and special music programs based on personal skill set
6) Lead the contemporary worship band and/or lead choir/s and special groups in worship based on personal skill set
7) Lead worship in collaboration with the Pastor by leading specific and appropriate sections of worship and using musical settings and selections to enhance the experience
8) Recruit and equip volunteers
9) Oversee all technical aspects of music and worship including the weekly projection for songs and related visuals, in consultation with AV technicians for a given Sunday when needed.
10) Maintain a specific area of website (aided by website admin) and communicate via social networking sites for maximum exposure
11) Attend a continuing education event every year
2) Attend weekly staff meetings with the Pastor and other staff
3) Attend worship team meetings (approx. 1x/month) – (currently in formation)
Please send your Resume and other data to Pastor Andy Krpata