Director of Children’s Ministries
2) Create and implement all types of marketing plans to reach a variety of local and non-local audiences of both adults and children
3) Create and deliver enticing presentations for children that motivate and effectively use adult leaders
4) Create and deliver leadership and children’s ministry training to leaders, adults, and staff
5) Clearly communicate your faith journey
6) Provide life coaching to children as needed
7) Provide encouragement and support to volunteers as needed
8) Provide emergency support for children in crisis as needed engaging the appropriate trained individuals and organizations
9) Create engaging group meetings, bible studies, mission trips, and fun children’s activities that allow for children, leaders, and volunteers to grow in their faith
10) Continually educate yourself in children’s ministry, the Bible, faith, worship, UMC philosophy, leadership, and theology in general
1) Overseeing Sunday School (acting “Superintendent”).
This would include (but not limited to) establishing the curriculum, maintaining classrooms and supplies, keeping registration and attendance records, maintaining background checks on all volunteers and teachers, communications, etc.
2) Overseeing all aspects of Annual Summer Vacation Bible School (VBS)
3) Recruitment, equipping, and retention of volunteers for said programs
4) Create and implement yearly spiritual growth/social programming calendar to include but not limited to: bible studies; mission trips; on-site and off-site activities, Easter Egg hunt, etc.
5) Communication and collaboration with the Wesley Circle of Friends (WCOF) Preschool Director in creating new ministries and opportunities for children (This can be accomplished through regular attendance at WCOF Board meetings as well.)
6) Attendance at appropriate evening WCOF activities and programs (calendar to be provided).
7) Communication and collaboration with the Youth Ministries Director in creating a plan for a smooth transition to youth group; to include the consideration of the development of a “pre-6th grade” program that may feed into the youth ministry
8) Collaboration with staff to plan for special events/moments in worship, especially those impacting Sunday school schedules
9) Communication and direct invitation to WCOF Children and Families to attend any appropriate church-related event
10) Maintaining specific area of website and communicate via social networking sites for maximum exposure
11) Attendance at continuing education event every 6 months – 12 months
12) Assist the Pastor in administrating and teaching Confirmation (Young Inquirers Class, 7-12th grade)
13) Record and monitor community service hours for youth (as you use them)
14) Coordinate with Youth Ministries Director to plan for recognition of graduates
1) Attend weekly meetings with the Pastor and/or other staff if possible
2) Attend weekly worship (at a Christian Church of your choice; worshiping at Wesley is encouraged)
Please send your Resume and other data to Pastor Andy Krpata