Join us for a socially-distant “drive in” worship gathering on Thursday, June 25.
Here’s an update
- If possible, please plan your route so that you are driving north on Center Street and making a right turn into the church driveway (rather than driving south and making a left). This will help with safety and traffic flow!
- We’ll be broadcasting the service via FM frequency, and you can tune in through your car’s radio. (Most car radios work without the car running – however, you may need to periodically turn your car on to restart the radio.) If you have a portable / battery-operated / hand-held radio, it may help to bring that along.
- Take a walk down memory lane and learn more about the history of Wesley Church:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTyR0ap5inE
- Click HERE for the bulletin for our anniversary celebration . Feel free to print and bring along with you! (To avoid contact transmission, we will not be passing out any paper bulletins.)
Here’s what you need to know:
- The service will take place at 7:00 PM. Please plan to arrive before 7:00 PM so we can get all cars parked and begin the service on time.
- The rain date for the service will be Friday, June 26 at 7:00 PM. If we need to reschedule for the rain date, we will share that information via email and Facebook.
- All who attend this drive-in service will be required to remain in their cars at all times. Please do not leave your car or attempt to enter the building. (Bathroom facilities will be available for emergencies only. The service will run for no more than 30 minutes.)
- If you roll down your car’s windows, please wear a mask.
- Volunteers will be on-site to give directions on where and how to park.
- It is our plan to broadcast sound through an FM frequency. When you arrive, we will let you know the frequency for your car’s radio.
- Before the service, we will distribute the service “bulletin” via email.
- The service will include holy communion — but please bring your own communion elements. (To prevent contact transmission, we will not be passing out any communion elements.) Please plan to bring some kind of bread and a small amount of grape juice for each person in your car.
- After the benediction, we’ll have a special surprise: Rich Chambers will finally get that Penny Wars pie in the face!
We look forward to gathering together in this socially-distant way to celebrate this anniversary for our church!