Stephen Ministry training will be facilitated by Bob Keiderling, Minister of Discipleship. Reach him at 610-865-5715 x 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is Stephen Ministry?
Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2, NRSV).
Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system.
Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
Can You Become a Stephen Minister?
If you …
- … see hurting people and as a child of God want to help them
- … are a member of Wesley Church and have a potential talent for healing those in difficulty
- … have completed a course of 50 hours of training in providing spiritual and emotional care
- … are someone who prays, cares, and encourages, as a true Christian friend
- … are steadfastly there for your receiver
How Stephen Ministry Works
Some of the challenges in life that could be supported by a Stephen Minister, who is a caring Christian friend, are: loss of a loved one, chronic disease, aging, divorce, spiritual crisis or just plain discouragement.